August 07, 2013

July Empties

Here are the products I used up in July!


Top row L to R: Ducray Squanorm Shampoo, Bumble and bumble Thickening Shampoo, Bumble and bumble Thickening Conditioner
Bottom row L to R: ELF Lengthening and Defining Mascara, Boscia BB Cream

Not much exciting stuff but here are my thoughts on the products.

Ducray Squanorm Shampoo: This is the best and most effective anti-dandruff shampoo I've tried (and I've tried A LOT). If you have oily dandruff or have found that other anti-dandruff shampoos don't work for you, I suggest trying this out. I have already bought a replacement.

Bumble and bumble Thickening Shampoo: I got this as a free sample from this haul, and finally got around to using it up (I think around 3 uses from this small packet on my medium length hair). Smells like other bumble and bumble shampoos, and I did think this added volume to my hair. But this isn't an area of concern for my hair (see above) so I will not repurchase.

Bumble and bumble Thickening Conditioner: See above, made my hair feel soft, but I will not repurchase, scent isn't my fav and I don't need much help thickening my hair.

ELF Lengthening and Defining Mascara: I got this as a freebie from an ELF purchase back in January and although I probably only got around 10 uses from this mascara (it dried up pretty quickly), there were some parts I liked. The good: it lives up to the lengthening claim and also adds good volume to my lashes. The bad: this smudges quite easily and isn't waterproof, so I did end up with undereye smudges when I wasn't careful (I was able to do a quick swipe with my CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion Waterproof mascara and suddenly this was reasonably waterproof and stayed on my lashes). For $1, I will repurchase this again, because I liked the way my lashes looked and you can't beat the price!

Boscia BB Cream: I got this as a sample from this haul and got around 6 uses out of this small looking foil packet. This is supposedly a one colour fits all, but I found it too dark for my skin tone. This also reacted strangely with water, if your face got wet the BB Cream wouldn't go away but would stick itself more strongly to your skin. I don't think this caused any skin concerns, but I did not like the way this product felt or the lack of colours so I will not purchase this product.

What products did you love or finish up in July?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment