March 31, 2014

March Empties

One of my best months for empties!


Cartier Baiser Vole: I received this sample in 2012's Sephora ItKits, this is a bit too powdery for my taste, but I managed to use it up! Definitely not a repurchase.
Apple & Cinnamon Bath & Shower Gel: the third of 5 no-name brand shower gels, this scent was nothing special, and as I've said before (here) this is nothing special, and I won't repurchase.
Givenchy Black Dahlia: I received this one-use sample from this haul, didn't mind the scent, although maybe a bit musky for my taste, hard to give a good review on this with only one use.


Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser: the best cleanser I've tried! This is almost my HG cleanser! I love Cetaphil, it's perfect for oily, sensitive skin like mine! Have repurchased the Costco size!


Clinique Even Better Skin Tone Correcting Lotion Skin Types 3, 4: from this haul. I got about 6 or 7 uses out of this foil packet. I liked this lotion enough, but didn't find it hydrating enough for my winter dry skin. Will not repurchase.
Bath & Body Works Berry Twinkle Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel: another hand sanitizer used up! I really liked this berry scent, however it did become a bit discoloured, which was worrying. Will purchase but in a different scent.


Algenist Multi-Perfecting Pore Corrector Concentrate: from this haul. This was probably only 5 uses, I didn't dislike the primer, but it isn't as nice as other primers (Tarte, Smashbox, to name a few), so I won't go out and purchase this.
Givenchy Very Irresistible Electric Rose: received in this haul. The scent is more floral than I usually like, I think I like the original version better.


Lancôme Aqua Fusion Teinte (Continuous Infusing Tinted Moisturizer): This is quite old (gross I know), this is probably my first beauty splurge, back when tinted moisturizers were rare, I heard rave reviews about this one from Lancôme so shelled out $32 on it. It wasn't a great colour match (much too yellow for me), and it didn't provide great coverage (I was delusional when I bought it thinking it would cover all my acne, even though it was light coverage, lol, beauty noob). I do like the feel of this on my skin, but I don't think I'll splurge on this again due to the lack of shades offered.
Chapstick Cherry: a classic beauty item! Who doesn't have a chapstick? The cherry scent is nice, but the colour does come off a bit clownish on me. I will repurchase in a different flavour.
Buxom Amplified Lash Mascara: I bought this here. Well the two wand options was novel, I found that I only used the one option, since my eyelashes don't curl well and volume and length are more important to me. I liked this mascara, but not quite as much as other mascaras I've tried (Lancôme Hypnose Star, CoverGirl Lash Blast Fusion), so I will not repurchase.
Ducray Elution Shampoo: the follow-up treatment to Ducray Squanorm Shampoo. This is a creamy, restorative shampoo that heals the scalp. I really enjoy this shampoo, and haven't found a better dandruff treatment than Ducray Squanorm used in combination with Ducray Elution.

What products did you use up in March?

Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment