August 31, 2014

August Empties!

Another month, more empties! The theme this month was definitely scents!
 
 
L to R: Clean & Clear Morning Burst Body Wash in Wildberry & Guava, Sensodyne Pro-namel Gentle Whitening Toothpaste
 
Clean & Clear Morning Burst Body Wash in Wildberry & Guava: From this haul. I really like this scent, tropical + berries, very refreshing and fruity! This formula is awesome, and I've already bought a replacement!
 
Sensodyne Pro-namel Gentle Whitening Toothpaste: This is my favourite toothpaste, as I do sometimes have teeth sensitivities when eating candy or drinking something cold.  This doesn't have an overwhelming mint taste, but the taste is pleasant. My one complaint is that this toothpaste isn't as effective at whitening as a lot of other products on the market, so I am taking a break from it and trying new products.  Definitely recommended for those with sensitive teeth.
 

L to R: Scunci No Damage No Metal Parts Hair Elastics, Yves St. Laurent Glossy Stain in No 7 Corail Aquatique, Bath & Body Works Body Scrub in Bali Mango, and Philosophy Living Grace Fragrance
 
Scunci No Damage No Metal Parts Hair Elastics: Hair elastics, not that exciting. But these are really good, they don't have metal parts that get caught in your hair, and they tend not to stretch out too soon after using. A keeper!
 
Yves St. Laurent Glossy Stain in No 7 Corail Aquatique: From this haul. This is a bright coral shade with a hint of red to it. I wasn't expecting to like it on me, as my cool skin tone often doesn't working with corals, but I actually really like this! The formula is fairly long lasting for a gloss and lacks stickiness. The price tag of $30 a gloss is a bit much for me, luckily I have 5 more sample shades to get through!
 
Bath & Body Works Body Scrub in Bali Mango: I love this scent, tropical and fruity. To me the scent is more than just mangos, it has a hint of beachiness to it as well. This scrub is pretty effective, but at the price I'm going to try out a few cheaper brands to see if they compare.
 
Philosophy Living Grace Fragrance: From this haul. Sephora describes this as "fresh neroli, lily of the valley, warm musk". I don't really get the muskiness of it, to me this is a fresh, clean scent, that's only slightly floral. I don't hate it, but don't love it either. I have another sample of this to get through.
 
 
L to R: Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Fragrance, Elizabeth and James Nirvana White Fragrance, and Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara
 
Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Fragrance: Sephora describes this as "violet, sandalwood, vanilla". I can definitely smell all of those notes, making it an interesting blend of floral, vanilla, and masculine. This scent had just a hint to much masculinity for me personally, but I did prefer this over Nirvana White.
 
Elizabeth and James Nirvana White Fragrance: Sephora describes this as "peony, muguet, tender musk". I was not a fan. Too much powder and floral scent, which to me translates to too mature.
 
Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara: From this haul. I didn't get a chance to try out this sample, as when I opened it the product was all dried up in a clump on the wand. Disappointing.
 
 
Top to Bottom: Prada Infusion D'Iris Fragrance, Marc Jacobs Daisy Fragrance
 
Prada Infusion D'Iris Fragrance: Sephora describes this as "evoke the classic ambiance of a luxurious Italian voyage, from the clean freshness of Florentine Iris Padilla to the warm, subtle glow of Sicilian Mandarin. Savor the floral citrus reverie of this scent's unique, elusive essence". To me this is a citrus-y clean scent. And I kinda like it! Not enough to spend $65 / bottle for, but if it's available as a free sample, I won't say no!
 
Marc Jacobs Daisy Fragrance: From this haul. Sephora describes this as "strawberry, violet leaves, ruby red grapefruit, gardenia, violet petals, jasmine petals, musk, vanilla, white woods". To me this is very floral, and not to my taste.
 
 All in all I think this was one of my more successful empties months!
 
What products did you use up in August?
 
Thanks for reading!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment