August 01, 2014

July Empties

Another month...more empties! I think July is make-up remover month!


L to R: Especially Escada, ROC Double Action Eye Make Up Remover

Especially Escada: I received this sample from a Sephora order. Sephora lists the notes as: pear, ambrette seeds, ylang ylang, musky notes. I surprisingly was okay with this scent (I imagine it's the addition of the pear). I found this scent perfect for spring with many floral notes to it. While I wouldn't repurchase this myself, I wouldn't mind receiving another sample, since this scent is great to get into a spring mood!
ROC Double Action Eye Make Up Remover: From this haul. This makeup remover was my "replacement" for Lancôme Bi-Facil, however I found it didn't compare to my HG eye makeup remover (Lancôme Bi-Facil), it didn't remove makeup as easily (I was left with racoon eyes after washing my face), and this left a greasy feeling afterwards. This also irritated my eyes more than Lancôme's. Will not repurchase.


Yonka Non-Comedogenic Cleansing Lotion and Eye Makeup Remover: This is an old product that was put on the backburner until I recently rediscovered it. This is a lotion based makeup remover - which makes those of us with sensitive eyes and/or oily skin nervous. I actually really liked this, it didn't irritate my eyes as much as the ROC remover, and didn't cause any breakouts. It wasn't hugely effective though, so I'm still sticking with Lancôme! I will not repurchase.


Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Facial Cleansing Wipes Oil-Free: I received this 7 wipe sample for free from a family member at Johnson & Johnson. I personally like the Neutrogena version much better, as this did tend to sting my eyes and wasn't as effective at removing makeup as Neutrogena. Will not purchase.



Ducray Elution Shampoo: see review here. Still love and will continue to repurchase!

What products did you use up in July? Have you ever managed to get through multiples of the same item within a month?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment