August 04, 2014

NOTD: August 4, 2014


Boom! Purple-pink duochrome! One of the colours I was most excited from a recent Julep Maven box (link here) (okay, so it's not that recent as it was the April box, but I've been overwhelmed with all my untried polish and being good about skipping Julep this summer) was Kayla.

Julep describes the colour as an electric iris sheer with violet sheen, and I'll agree with the electric and sheer parts of that description (this is 3 coats over a base and with a top coat, and my nail line was still slightly visible), but the shift on this colour to me is similar of a duochrome, the pink shimmer is stronger in certain lights and vanishes in others.

This mani had me staring at my super bright nails all day, definitely not suitable for more conservative workplaces, but pretty nonetheless!

What was the last Maven box you took?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment